my past (since 1987) and present (2024) and in between in Saudi Arabia and out of Saudi Arabia. posted April 04 of 2024

My first visit to Saudi Arabia (for Umrah) was in December of 1981 after completing my post graduate studies in Eindhoven and before returning to Pakistan as per the commitment signed at the time of accepting the Philips Scholarship. I was a never married bachelor/single at that time.  My father passed away in 1981 shortly before my return to home which was not known to me.

Next time I came to Saudi Arabia was in 1987 on a contract with KFUPM-RI for Div V (manufacturing centre) but the DIV V was never setup, I was the only Engineer hired for DIV V (manufacturing) in addition to Hiring managers, there was no other staff, so manufacturing never got off the ground and from day one I was assigned to AI lab in the computer science department where I worked under the technical leadership of Dr. A. I. Alsuwaiyel. I was still never married bachelor/single.
My mother convinced me to get married by 1989, so in 1989 I became a married single living at KFUPM because Imrana (chosen by my mother to live with me in Saudi Arabia as married to me)  did not join me untill January (or perhaps early February) 1990. So my household in Saudi Arabia got doubled from one to two, by mid October in 1990 and we became three after my eldest son was born. During this time many things happened such as desert storm dispute, build up of forces before Ahsan Mahmood was born etc. we left from the area in January 1991 just before the war began which was shown on TV like live broadcast (as per CNN information) of a match between two teams trying to score a goal/point. After the war ended I joined HTAL on a contract, got the opportunity to get trained at Honeywell in Phoenix, upon return back to Saudi Arabia after training I became a trainer for the Aramco Engineers at HTAL in addition to other Engineering duties.  Our family size was three at this point in life, when I started in Saudi Arabia in 1987 I was single.

Later on after completing the contract early in 1993 we went back to Pakistan, my mother passed away after one month,  so I lost one person, but soon after that my daughter was born in Canada in 1994, now my family size became four, by 1997 we were a family of five because my youngest son Bilal Mahmood was born in Ottawa. After Bilal was born I got the opportunity to work again in Saudi Arabia during Y2K transition/work, and we came to Saudi Arabia as a family of five. After that my family got disintegrated I became single again around 2005. I am back in Saudi Arabia as of March 2024 as a unmarried single person (my three children are long time absent from my Life almost 20 years). What is different this time is that my mother is not around to help me rebuild my family. But I am here again to do the same thing as before, but without getting married.

Published by
{KHALID MAHMOOD}
Alkhobar Saudi Arabia 34446
Ph:+966(59)641-3319
www.m0168.org


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

one more fire alarm in this building 1909 Russell Rd around ,16h40 on Jan 28 of 2024

current physical location of {Khalid Mahmood} on May 07 of 2024 in Alkhobar Saudi Arabia around 12h30 apt #504