A recent conversation with a OW case worker on 10/25/2022

A recent conversation with a OW case worker on 10/25/2022 between 11 am and 12 noon time, over the phone at peel regional building.

I was not born in a shelter (in my country of birth), so why I am in a shelter in Canada. I am a Citizen arrived in as a landed immigrant at Toronto Airport in 1993.

I was in a housing before June 19 of 2022 in Hamilton, so why am I in a shelter since June 20, why it was done to me which resulted in me seeking a public shelter.

Why OW or the govt. can't provide me reasonable housing at par with my educational and professional status. Why keep me in shelters. It will be cheaper to issue a plane ticket to me than to keep me in shelter.

Why I was kept unemployed since 2006 just to keep the OW file open. It would have been better to give me employment according to my immigration status to enable me to support myself and housing according to my status
I was told about overpayment. This matter was discussed at length in Hamilton with the lawyers that over payment was created by someone on purpose without issuing me extra money. I never received any extra money. Every cheque I received since 2006 was within eligible amounts. 

My OW file was terminated in 2021 because of age, itself indicates that there was no overpayment. It is system's failure to fix it on statements because I never received any over payment in my monthly cheques since 2006. Moreover OW Social assistance is not money lending program. OW should show break down of monthly payments since April 2006 when overpayments occured and sum then up to find out the total over payment. I never received any extra money above the monthly eligible amounts. Perhaps by mistake those payments were issued to some one else by similar name. There are many people by the name Khalid and many people by the name Mahmood. perhaps they used the following formula i.e. {payments for Khalid} + {payments for Mahmood} ==========  {payments for Khalid Mahmood}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

one more fire alarm in this building 1909 Russell Rd around ,16h40 on Jan 28 of 2024

ALERT !! ALERT - via rail mispelled my name on my ticket, I showed my driver's licence which staff at the counter did not see. Posted September 20 of 2023. via rail staff should be careful and avoid such errors which may result in legal complications.